What can I eat for breakfast on a keto diet?
Mornings are a busy time of day for most people. You're trying to get the kids ready for school, you have work deadlines, and you need to make your lunch before heading out the door. With so many things vying for your attention it's no wonder that breakfast often gets overlooked. But skipping this important meal is not an option if you're following a keto diet!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make sure you always eat it. Breakfast stimulates your metabolism and will help with weight loss.
Eating breakfast helps to regulate your blood sugar and energy levels, so you'll stay energized throughout the morning. You can eat anything from low-carb pancakes or eggs benedict for a more traditional meal (as long as it's without bread) to bacon-wrapped avocado stuffed with an egg if you're feeling adventurous!
Breakfast is a very important meal of the day and should not be skipped. When starting keto, one's ability to play with carbs can be limited by his or her appetite, so don't force it if you're not in the mood for bread-based breakfast foods.
Start your day off with something light like eggs benedict without bread.
1. Slice bread
2. Toast bread
3. Mash avocado and spread onto toast
4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any other desired toppings (e.g., Naya foods cauliflower Hummus)
5. Cut into pieces for easy eating!
Nut butter and fruit on a piece of gluten-free bread
1. Nut butter is a great source of protein and healthy fats
2. Try almond or cashew butter for the best nutritional profile
3. Spread nut butter on gluten-free bread to make an easy breakfast sandwich
4. Add sliced bananas, strawberries, apples, or any other fruit you like to your sandwich
5. Fruit has fiber and vitamins that can help regulate blood sugar levels making it a healthier choice than many store-bought options
6. Store your fruit in the fridge so it stays fresh longer!
Eggs with avocado, bacon, and spinach
1. Cook bacon in a pan until crispy
2. Add spinach and avocado to the bacon
3. Crack eggs into skillet and scramble together with the other ingredients
4. Serve on toast or eat at is and top it with Naya foods cauliflower Hummus
6. Recipe yields 2 servings of scrambled eggs but can be easily adjusted for more people by adding more eggs to the skillet
Coconut yogurt with berries or nuts
1. Add a few spoonfuls of yogurt to your favorite bowl
2. Add berries or nuts for extra flavor and texture
3. Mix in some monk fruit sugar or syrup if you want something sweeter
4. Top with Keto granola for crunchy goodness
Bacon-wrapped breakfast sausage stuffed in an egg muffin cup (this is basically like a biscuit)
1. Start with a muffin tin and egg muffins
2. Cut bacon strips in half, wrap-around breakfast sausage, and place on top of the egg muffin cup
3. Add cheese to the top of the bacon and cook for about 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until bacon is crispy
4. Remove from oven, let cool for 3 minutes before eating
Scrambled eggs with cheese and veggies (you can add ham to this as well)
1. Cook eggs in a skillet over medium heat
2. Add chopped veggies to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes
3. Add cheese and ham, and a scoop of Naya foods cauliflower Hummus
4. Season with salt, pepper, or herbs (optional)