The French toast is certainly a recipe that’s delicious and very easy to make. Aside from that, it makes the perfect meal for breakfast and even snacks. Pair it with a healthy serving of fresh fruit and coffee, and it will surely jumpstart your day and give you the energy you need to get you going.
However, this recipe we’re going to show you is more than just the classic French toast. It does have the same deliciousness that the classic offers, except that it comes with a few additions to make it even more nutritious – and very rewarding.
Needless to say, our version of the French toast is as healthy as it can get – filled with healthy slices of strawberry with a generous amount of almond butter to give you that protein and other nutrients you need for your day. Here’s how you can make it.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- Brown rice bread
- Coconut oil
- Sliced strawberry
- Almond butter
- Get a bowl then mix 1 egg, 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk, 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Make sure to whisk thoroughly to combine the ingredients properly.
- After that, get 2-3 slices of brown rice bread depending on how much you want to eat. Dip the bread slices into the mixture, ensuring that they’re fully covered.
- Meanwhile, set a cooking pan to low heat then add coconut oil shortly after.
- Cook the bread slices in the pan for around a minute. Flip one side after it has turned brown to make sure both sides are evenly cooked.
- Once done, place the cooked bread slices on a plate.
- You can then choose to drizzle almond butter based on your preference.
- Afterward, add strawberry slices. Enjoy!
One of the best things about this recipe is that it can provide you with that healthy serving of French toast that’s fairly quick and easy to make. Moreover, you can expect the toast to be goldenly brown on the outside while remaining soft and tender on the inside.
You can also adjust the bread slices you want to cook as well as the number of sliced strawberries you want to add at the top. Combine this meal with a hot cup of coffee, and you will surely get the energy you need early on in the morning.