If you want a healthier take of the American Cobb Salad, then do try to create your own style of the famous Salad Nicoise. Nicoise, which is pronounced as Nee-suahz, means in the style of Nice according to French. It uses healthy and organic ingredients such as green beans, capers, and potato. It also uses tuna, which is a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids and also magnesium, potassium, iron, and Vitamins A, B6, and B12, instead of bacon and chicken. This healthier version of the American Cobb Salad is good for the health and budget as well. Plus, it is very easy to prepare and can be done in less than 10 minutes.
- Green Beans
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Culinary Argan Oil
Note: The specific quantity of the ingredients depends on your preference. You can mix and match them any way you want as long as the main ingredients are there.
- Hard boil the eggs on a pot of water. Then, cool them down by running cold water over the eggs. Afterward, gently peel off the eggshell then slice it into a quarter and set aside.
- Marinate the tuna according to your preference. You can cook it in a skillet or grill it. Then, cut it into thick slices and set it aside for a while.
- Next, prepare your potatoes. Cook it on a large pot of water until it is tender enough but still firm. Then, drain the water and cut it into cubes while it is still warm.
- While cooking the potatoes, fill a medium-sized pot with water and boil to high heat. Then, add the green beans to the boiling water. Cook the beans until it is tender but still feel crunch upon bite. Then, rinse or drain it with cold water to prevent it from overcooking. Afterward, slice it accordingly.
- Cut the tomatoes into half if its small or into a quarter if its big. Also, slice the onion into a crescent-shape and place it aside.
- After all the ingredients have been precooked or sliced, you can now toss the ingredients in a bowl, making sure not to mix it as it may ruin the appearance of the ingredients.
- Arrange everything beautifully, then add the capers and drizzle it with the @arganiabutter Culinary Argan oil to give a distinct nutty and delicious taste.
There you have it, the simple yet tasty Salad Nicoise. You can make your own take of this famous salad but do keep the main ingredients that make the salad palatable and aesthetically pleasing. Try this at home and enjoy!